Mash Cooler Bacteria Control
The client's process involves the manufacture of bioethanol which can produce a potentially explosive atmosphere. The client site is a top tier COMAH site requiring rigorous application of site manufacturing procedures to meet the strict health and safety regime.
The scope of work was developed in conjunction with the clients and included the following key activities:
- The development of a user requirement specification (URS) outlining the broad objectives of the project sufficient to develop a feasibility study including project risk assessment, financials, health and safety including process safety and implementation timescales.
- Inspec Systems provided consultancy and advice helping the client select the most appropriate technology and control system architecture.
- A detailed design specification (DDS) was written against which the automation system could be developed to meet the overall URS.
- Software coding using the Siemens TIA Portal Suite was developed in house by a team of Inspec Systems software engineers.
- A control system was designed and manufactured to integrate with the mechanical equipment to be installed on the site.
- Fully integrated testing, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) was carried out at the customer's subcontractor's premises thus minimising the time required on site to commission the system.
- On completion of the FAT, the modular equipment was taken to site where it was commissioned as part of the ongoing process development trials.